This is a single unique item. Photos are of actual individual scorpion for sale.
Handle with care: This animal is mildly venomous. Whilst stings generally only cause localised swelling and pain, those allergic to spider and bee venom may have severe reactions.
A larger, easy to keep scorpion that comes from the coastal regions of South Australia and Western Australia, where they dwell in deep, moist burrows in sand dunes.
This scorpion was received as an adult male Urodacus novaehollandiae that needs to be re-homed.
Tips for Care
- Heat is generally not required, they naturally become less active during winter if kept cool.
- Moist sand/coco fibre mix substrate is recommended with a rock or bark for hiding. Spray the enclosure to ensure it stays moist.
- Adults scorpions do not need to feed often, check on them to remove and replace dead/left over crickets/roaches.
- Scorpions are not short lived pets- this species can live up to 8 years. It is difficult to tell the age of adult scorpions that were not born in captivity.
- Do not house this scorpion with other animals or scorpions.
It is the buyers responsibility to be fully prepared to receive scorpions and care for them to ensure success. If you are unsure or are new to scorpions, there are many resources if you look up this species.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions or concerns. We do not have a care sheet specifically made due to this species not being regular on our store.